The Township of Tilden has five members on the Planning Commission who are residents.
The Board of Supervisors appoint them for five year terms.
The Planning Commission:
- Reviews and comments on the Comprehensive Plan
- Prepares the Zoning Ordinance and the Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance for consideration by the Board of Supervisors
- Reviews and makes recommendations on proposals to rezone land
- Reviews and makes recommendations on land development and subdivision plans
- Conduct other planning studies and performs related projects.
The Planning Commission meets the third Tuesday of the month at 7:30pm.
Members of the Planning Commission are:
- Dale Keener, Chairman 12/31/2026
- Greg Kozlowski, Vice Chair 12/31/2023
- Sharon Enevoldson 12/31/2024
- Chris Forte 12/31/2025
- Michael Quick 12/31/2026
Northern Berks Joint Comprehensive Plan hearing
A public hearing about adoption of the Northern Berks Joint Comprehensive Plan will be conducted by the Board of Supervisors at 7 PM on Wednesday, February 9th, 2022.
The plan may be examined by clicking on the links below:
Planning Commission meeting cancelled
Release date: 03/16/2020
TILDEN TOWNSHIP MUNICIPAL OFFICE
In keeping with CDC and PA DOH guidelines regarding the coronavirus, the Tilden Township Municipal Office, 874 Hex Highway, will be closed to the public until Monday, 03/30/2020 at 8.am.
The office will continue to be staffed and available by phone or email during regular business hours.
Please use the front door dropbox for any sewer or tax payments. If you need to drop off plans or anything else that does not fit in the dropbox, please call the office at 610-562-7410 to schedule an appointment.
The Tilden Township tax collector’s office will only be open during the scheduled times printed on the tax bills.
The Tilden Township Planning Commission meeting scheduled for 03/17/2020 has been canceled.
TILDEN TOWNSHIP POLICE DEPARTMENT
As of today, the lobby of the Tilden Township Police Department, 870 Hex Highway, will be closed to the public until Monday, 03/30/2020 at 8.am.
For emergencies, always call 911.
For non-emergencies requiring a police response, call Berks County dispatch at 610-655-4911.
For other business, call the police office at 610-562-9001.